FabFilter User Forum

Timeless - I can't duplicate a simple delay

I am trying to duplicate what should be a simple delay, but alas I am a nooblar.

Here is the original sound from a Fastracker project circa 1992 :)

christopherpisz.strangled.net/temp/delay.wav

I open the project in OpenMPT and I can see that a note starts and then 3/32 later that note ends and is played again at 1/4th of the volume. That's how they did delay in trackers...

I open timeless and link the delays so as to not seperate left and right, I move the delay time to 1.5 16th note, which unless I suck at math is 3/32nds. I leave dry at full and wet to about -6db. It sounds nowhere near the same.

I even loaded the original sample into battery with no effects except timeless.

They do have some panning on it, but I'll get to that after I get the delay right.

I think maybe the problem is that I need the original note to stop when the delayed note plays. Is there a way I can achieve that in Timeless, NI Battery, and Abelton Live 9?

Christopher Pisz

If I'm reading that right, you say you need the source to duck under the delay? That's certainly doable in timeless.

You can go about it a couple ways. For one, you could use an envelope follower to modulate the dry mix knob. For another, you could control it with MIDI. Probably other ways, too.

The envelope follower would do it just fine in most cases, I think.

T.D.

Reply to this topic: