FabFilter User Forum

fabfilter preset format

hi

i'm not a fabfileter owner yet, but will definately be buying it before the trial period ends; love the sound and the modulation system (the latter is the best, most intuitive I've seen)

I note that you use your own preset format but wonder if you would consider a change to the standard vst .fxb/.fxp format? the reason I ask is that it would be great to be able to use the preset generator option in energyXT (there may well be a similar feature in other hosts).

In case your not familar with it, this lets you select 2 presets and then, at the click of a button, make a new preset out of a blend of the two...can be a very useful way to create new sounds.

I don't know if this would be difficult for you to implement or if it would cuase too much trouble to convert the presets already available, but I hope you will consider it!

paul

paul

edit: the above post relates to FabFilterTwin!

paul

edit 2: erm, i suppose it would be an equally good thing for FFOne also... :)

paul

Hi Paul,

Interesting idea. I don't think we'll change our standard, but maybe we could think about writing a small converter app that can convert between our format and other formats.

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

hi Floris

As long as it's not going to be to much trouble for you that would be great!

Just bought a licence key for Twin by the way.

paul

paul

Reply to this topic: