FabFilter User Forum

Expiring trial versions

Hi there! I purchased the FX Bundle back in April and I really love it.
I guess I made a mistake by downloading the complete Bundle (taking a shortcut) and activating my FX Bundle plugins - because this also started the 30-day trial period for all the other plugins that are NOT part of the license. I didn't pay much attention and noticed recently: The trial period for Twin 2 (which I'm interested in) had already expired. Ouch! Never got to give this one a try :(
I know, I could request an extension of the trial period (which I'm NOT doing here!) but wouldn't it be less of a hassle to have the 30-day trial period start whenever the particular plugin is loaded in the host DAW?

Teemeister

Currently we do start the trial period when the plugin is first loaded, but this happens already when the DAW scans the plugins once they're installed.

Free free to request a new trial period (use the contact link at the bottom of this page).

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

How do I request new trial period?

Claude

Just send us an email requesting an extension!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

How many extensions are we allowed to request?

Francisco

This is the same thing I was wondering about... if installing everything at once would expire all the plugins at the same time after 30 days even if you hadn't used all of them. Obviously, you can't do everything in 30 days and asking for multiple "extensions" would be a pain.

So, just now I downloaded all 14 separate installation files so that I can install each plugin one at a time whenever I'm ready and get a 30 day trial with each one.

Muchos grasis!
Grazie!
Danke!
Merci!

Jonty

I believe the trial only starts once you first use the plugin. You get a popup window asking to start the trial if I'm not mistaken.
So no harm in installing all at once, just don't insert them in a track :)

Best,
Bram

Bram

I'm using the 30 day trial of Pro Q-3 and i love it so i want to buy it. Do I need to trash the existing one and re-download and re-install the purchase version or can I just pay for the one I already have installed?

Eddie

Hey Eddie,

you don't need to re-install the plugin. Once you have bought a license you just register it with the copy of the plugin you have already installed on your machine.

If you're a new customer to Fabfilter, you can send me an email to ffilterfrienddiscount@gmail.com and I can hook you up with a 10% discount code on your first plugin or bundle.

FriendDiscount

Hi!!! I just sent you an email.

Thank you!

Eddie

hi I have sent an email for a new evaluation period how long can this normally take and how will I know its restarted thanks again

jhon smith

Reply to this topic: