FabFilter User Forum

Twin 2 Preset Management

If you do an update for Twin 2 there are a couple small changes to the preset "Save as..." that would remove some of the glitch in the workflow.

1. "Save as..." should dump you into the folder of the preset you began with. For example, if I start with Default Sound, then I should go to the top level folder. If I start with a preset located in a folder that is two or three levels deep, save should drop me back into that folder.

2. The new preset name should default to the current preset name. If you are worried about people accidentally overwriting presets then you could tack on an incremented suffix, e.g., My Great Sound 01, My Great Sound 02, My Great Sound 03...

In your next synth I would like to be able to star, tag, specify creator name, pack name, and add comments to presets. A default creator name could be set in preferences.

What would really rock is if you could insert a comment block to the far left of the modulation section where you could leave some commentary on the preset along with notes on how to use it!

Cheers,

Greg Houston

Where there is not room to display the name of sub-component presets, hovering over the save icon for that sub-component preset should display the preset name in a small tooltip.

Greg Houston

All good points, most of which are already on our wish list for a future Twin version. :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: