FabFilter User Forum

Logic X Pro-Q Mono -> Stereo bug report

I'm running Logic X on Mountain Lion and when the plugin is the first stereo plugin in the chain, and the channel mode is switched to mid/side, Mid adjustments are the only ones that affect anything and the side adjustments are ineffective.

I just re-installed the plugin after reading through some other posts here, and still found the same thing to be true.

If I add a mono->stereo converting plugin prior to the Pro-Q, and then run the plugin, everything works perfectly.

Just wanted to let you know, and perhaps there's a solution here, but I know Logic X is fairly new...perhaps it's something within their infrastructure that's causing the hiccup.
Thanks for making great products!
James

James

Also, I'm noting that this problem might even be reliant on various Logic plugins within the chain. I can't seem to figure out any rhyme or reason.

Just wanted to bring it up though.

James

Hi James,

This doesn't look like a bug to me. If you process a mono signal with the stereo version of Pro-Q, both input channels are of course the same. So the side signal, which is the difference of the input channels, is always zero / silent. It doesn't matter how you EQ it, because it always stays silent.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: