FabFilter User Forum

Newbie - How to apply VST plugin to mic input?

Hi,

I'm a newbie to VST plugins so pardon me if this is an FAQ....

Is there a way to use Pro-DS all the time on my mic input. I have a Røde Podcaster USB mic which I use for podcasts, but my voice has terrible sibilance and the small box room I record in makes things even worse. I'm hoping to use Pro-DS plugin in realtime on my mic feed so that any voice recordings I make will be de-essed.

Thanks in advance for any help / links :)

Guy Fraser

Forgot to add - I'm on Mac OS X 10.8.4.

Guy Fraser

What DAW are you using? I use Reaper and with that you can set Pro-DS as an Input FX on the track you are recording to. Is that what you require?

Brad

Hi Guy!

Rather than putting a plugin on the input channel, you should consider fixing the room instead. If that is not an option, record the vocals as clean as you can and then treat them. Much better to have clean material to work with. That way you can go back to the start if you messed up somewhere. For example, you have the deesser set to female and forget to set it to male when you record a different artist. If you recorded with the plugin already on, you would have to rerecord everything or put another deesser on there degrading the sound further.

Remember, as clean as possible is always best for your source material, then work on it!

Fred

To my mind if u interested in music production this blog also will be interested for you
www.lucidsamples.com/blog

djhannoki

Reply to this topic: