FabFilter User Forum

Fabfilter Reverb?

So who all out there would love to see a creative reverb from fabfilter? There is no question, fabfilter is the best. The quality of their plug-ins is unrivaled. Im sure if they created a reverb it would be second to none. Who else agrees with me and would love to see a reverb from fabfilter?

Blake McDonald

It's on the wish list! :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Definitely indeed! Pro-V ;)

Would be cool to see IR support in it too, it'd be the tool to end all reverbs...

James

I was never fully happy with any reverb I tried until I discovered ValhallaRoom. It has no competition in my book. If FabFilter could make something that nice, but also include the FabFilter modulation toolset, that would be incredible.

Greg Houston

+1

Pro-V + Modulation Tools!!!!

Fabfilter User

Another vote for 'Pro V' as well!!

That'll complete my current FabFilter collection....for the time being of course. :)

Larry Hansen

Larry Hansen

it couldnt be named Pro-v, because it would be a creative plug in. Maybe Fabfilter Spacer??

Blake McDonald

How about just Fabfilter Space, or Fabfilter Pro-R?

Just saying...

Richard Nash

Really need FF Pro-R (Reverb) & Pro-M (Multiband Compressor). You are the best!

Alex

Only the pro bundle plug ins have pro in the name. All ff creative plugins have another name, volcano, timeless ect. A ff reverb plug in would definitively fall under the creative bundel therefore it wouldn't be called pro-v or pro-r. I think "Spacer" would be a good name, anyone have any other suggestions for names that don't include pro?

Blake McDonald

As far as being creative or "pro", a reverb can go either way. If you are creating electronic music then the verb might play a creative role. There are a lot of creative reverb effects possible with 2C Audio's Aether for instance. But if you are a recording engineer I imagine most of your use cases would fall into the "pro" category, just adding the slightest bit of reverb here and there to get things sitting in the mix together well. If FabFilter is indeed working on a verb or has one planned down the pipeline, I would put my money on them naming it FabFilter Pro-R, even if it does have a lot of creative controls along with your basic verb.

Also, just in case they are working on something, it's probably better to get feature requests in before the fact. With my obsession with pink noise, I would love to see a creative reverb where if the decay is set really high and you start getting that build up of sound, I would like an algorithm where that build-up tends toward pink noise. I am thinking of a room/space with unnaturally soft walls. One of the reasons I tend to try to avoid reverb in general is that it tends to have a harsher quality than I would like.

As far as presets go, I would like to see a lot more subtle ones than what are generally included. I think this would fair well in the current climate of the pro world as well where mixes tend to be a lot drier at this point in time.

Then I would like to see a LOT more vocal presets than what you ordinarily get. Vocals are the most difficult instrument to add verb to. Half or more of these could be in the creative department where producers are constantly trying to get unique vocal sounds. For instance, I'd love to see subtle creative reverb presets that simply add a little glow around sounds.

Cheers!

Greg Houston

This song produced by Michael Brauer has a lot more reverb than what I generally hear anymore but it's been done gorgeously. The vocals here have a bit of glow around them where the verb and delay sort of wrap around the vocals to create a soft aura of sorts. It's not the sort of glow I was thinking of in the previous post, but it's a glow none-the-less.

The delays and reverbs (if there are actually reverbs in this at all or vice versa) are really well matched. Having a delay built-in to the reverb where the two aspects inherently mesh well would be nice too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bteY_fs3Y18

Greg Houston

So are there any plans to make such a plugin?

Greetz

Johannes Wutti

I wish for a Pro-R with bpm quantize functions!!!!!

vasilis

Like I said before, it's on the wish list but I can't promise anything more than that at this point. We absolutely are interested in making a reverb but there are also many other things to do. :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I can't wait for FabFilter to develop a reveb plugin. I purchased the FX Bundle and I am very happy and very satisfied with my choice and a reveb plugin will complete a very strong mixing and mastering setup.

Andrew Cameron

I purchased the totalbundle for my protools studio. I am SO satisfied. Lovely design and great sounds. A reverb would be awesome but i am fine with what I got so far!

svante

Please make sure it has the reverse reverb ability seen in Propellerheads Reason (RV7000? It's been a while). I've never found a better reverse reverb and of course I could never use it as a VST/AU. +1 on the BPM quantize (I like reverse guitar effects - reverse reverb, reverse delay, timed with the BPM, panning, until it's no longer a guitar at all!)

pvp12

It's here and it's gorgeous.

Fleer

Reply to this topic: