FabFilter User Forum

FF Plug-ins with CEP?

Hey all, I use Reason almost exclusively for production but have recently come across these awesome Fab Filter products. I was saddened to discover that I can't use them with Reason and probably never will be able to. So, I started thinking of other ways I can incorporate the FF products into my sounds. Does FF work with Cool Edit Pro? I haven't been able to find anything about this online...

Charlie

Don't know about Cool Edit Pro, but I use Reason as well, but use it Rewired through Reaper (which is awesome... and cheap). Reaper works great with all of the Fabfilter plugins. Maybe that is an option for you too?

Brad

Cool, thanks for the tip man. I've never heard about Reaper but I'll check into it.

Charlie

Have you ever experienced any problems/crashes etc with this set-up?

Charlie

I personally haven't ever experienced a crash using this setup, so I think it is pretty stable.

Rewiring Reason into Reaper is pretty easy as well. It is described here....

tutorialsforreaper.com/2010/08/10/reason-rewired-to-reaper-midi-to-reason-and-audio-back-to-reaper-rewire-track-template

The tutorial is on an earlier version of Reaper but it is still the same process in the current versions.

If you want I can also give you a track template I have for rewiring Redrum, Thor, NN-XT and ID8 into Reaper to get you off an running. I can also give you a Reason project as well if needed. Once you have it rewired you can use fabfilter VST plugins on any of the tracks.

The latest version of Reaper is 4.32, but a new version isn't too far off which is much better for MIDI editing. Pre-release versions (betas) of Reaper can be found here...

[link removed]

I find the latest 4.33pre28 version to be pretty stable.

Let me know if you would like the track template.

Good luck!

Brad

Whoops. I just read we are not supposed to link to the pre-release site for Reaper, but I can't edit the post to remove it :(

Brad

Regarding Cool Edit Pro, it looks like it only support DirectX plug-ins which we don't have available. However, you can try a VST-to-DX wrapper.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks man, I suppose I will take all the help I can get. I'm totally stoked to begin using Fab Filter products in my productions/mastering especially with yet another new Reason update right the corner.

I don't necessarily want to put my contact info online but here is an old email address I rarely use: djcharlierich@yahoo.com

Hit me up

Charlie

Sent. Enjoy!

Brad

Reply to this topic: