FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q Demo

How come the demo version of Pro-Q attempts to deafen me every so often? I'm going to be buying Pro=Q and Pro-L on Thursday, so I'm using the demo of both at the minute. Every so often though, Pro-Q blasts out a load of white noise. Because I'm working on a track, I have my monitors pretty loud, and it has nearly deafened me on several occasions. My left ear actually sounds a little muffled after the last blast.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Could this be the problem: www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/12/im-getting-noise-bursts-and-im-being-redirected-to-your-website-with-a-message-about-piracy-whats-wrong

Otherwise: are you sure you're running the official version, as found on www.fabfilter.com/download ?

Cheers,

Floris (FabFIlter)

Nope that's not the problem. It doesn't open a web page. Just gives a blast of white noise. And yes, it's the official one off the website.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Very strange! Could you please e-mail us at info@fabfilter.com with some more details about your system etc.? Are you on Windows or OS X? Which version? And wich host are you using? Which version of Pro-Q do you have installed?

Thanks,

Floris (FabFIlter)

Proper mixing levels should be only around 80 to 85 decibels. ...not very loud. The human ear will fatigue quickly at loud volumes and you will not hear certain frequencies correctly. Hope this helps.

nexis

nexis

Just to be clear: unlike some other plugins, our demo versions are fully functional and do not generate noise bursts.

Could it perhaps be some other plugin that you are demoing at the same time?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

The problem is, Nexus, that when mixing, 80-85dB SPL is probably -18dB FSD in the DAW, so anything reaching -6 or even 0dB FSD will be rather loud.

But as Florian says, FabFilter demo plugs don't use this method, they have an expiry.

For Florian: does the demo clock start on installation? I want to try DS, downloaded it in January, but I haven't installed it yet.

Thank you.

>

Nathan

The demo starts when you run the plugin for the first time. You can always contact us for a demo extension.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: