FabFilter User Forum

FabFilter Twin released!

We have just released our new FabFilter Twin synthesizer plugin.

FabFilter Twin stands out with high-quality oscillators, extremely smooth and analog-sounding filters, and unique drag-and-drop modulation slots that make complex sounds very easy to design.

Check it out!

Congratulations on the Twin...I won't waste any time on adjectives.The sound speaks for itself.

Motion

Sounds very good. I really like the interface and the drag & drop modulation. CPU hit is high, although turning the number of voices down helps on some of the patches.

It doesn't do ring modulation or FM, right? Any chance of these in an update?

kuniklo

Absolutly love it. But I have had to pull the plug on my mac several times today flicking through presets. I did have it replaceing fabfilter one in a current project thats pushing my system to the max though.
A global voice and unison limit would solve problems on smaller systems.
I have been looking to treat myself this christmas to a new synth and dispite of having to watch the cpu meter carefully I cant resist.
Amaising sounds, spot on design-Well done!

chris

Some of the presets did have the polyphony set a bit too high, my apologies for that. Maybe the devs could go trough each preset once more and drop them to something reasonable (8 should be fine for most systems).

Cheers!

bManic

We did go through all of the presets to adjust voices/unison limits, but may have missed a few. We'll probably be able to improve CPU usage with unison in a future 1.1 version!

Oh, and it doesn't do ring mod and FM, of course, and there are no immediate plans either. Perhaps in the future...

Frederik (FabFilter)

Great synth!

What is the shape of the random triangle waveform? The manual doesn't say much about this, and I've never heard of this waveform before..

jah

just bought the twin and i really love the great sound. even though it hits my amd x2 4400 hard sometimes. especally when i play with the filters. my idea for the next update: it would be great to see the numbers for the settings of some knobs. its sometime hard to get back an exact setting just be turning the little knobs. hope u understand what i mean ...

Mike

Hi Mike,

We will think about adding parameter value displays in a future update! But first we are focussing on some further optimizations though...

Floris (FabFilter)

I'm having a difficult time getting fabfilterTwin to recognize the auth code I got today.

I purchased the $69 license since I already own fabfilterONE.

Is fabfilterTwin picky about being installed in a subdirectory in my VST plugins folder?

I use live5 on Win2k as a host (And my vst plug-ins directory resides in my Emagic Logic directory)

(Since I have 28 days in the eval period...I'm not exactly sweating things.)

BTW. I really appreciate the 30 day trial period. Much nicer than other approaches!

David

I've just experienced the same as Dave. I also own 'the One' and just purchased Twin and it wouldn't accept the license key. There's clearly an issue here for upgraders.

That aside, it's an excellent synth. I love the drag and drop modulation routing as it's so fast and intuitive. It's a really good way of learning the basics of subtractive synthesis and I love the way you can see the patch cords by clicking on a modulation source. I've always hated the matrix (non-visual) approach, so well done guys for creating what will no doubt become a very popular synth.

Dale

The Twin authorization issue with previously installed One authorization appears to be cross-platform, because I am not able to get my Twin authorized on a Mac.

Jack Valentijn

are you guys including the "----copy from here---" at the top? If not, you should be. Give that a try and see if it helps you get Twin authorized.

smart

Yep.

Tried to authorize in Logic as well.

Hmmm. I did have an expired volcano demo on my system as well.

I wonder if that is causing any problems.

David

To recap.

The license key is accepted the --Copy from here-- on down.

But when I restart the plug in, the evaluation dialog box returns.

I uninstalled volcano and that did not seem to make a difference.

David

Hi Guys!

Your problem could have something to do with a minor bug that has been solved in the first hours after the release. This bug causes upgrade license keys to be accepted but sometimes not recognized correctly.

Please download Twin from our website again and install it over te current version. (Also, always make sure to copy the hole license key, including the "Licensee: ..." part!)

If this does not help, please e-mail us and we will solve it another way!

Thanks!

Floris (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: