FabFilter User Forum

Cubase 6.5 & 7 forgetting fab plugs

Hi

every-time I close Cubase (either 6.5 or 7) Cubase forgets all my fab plugs. They become deselected in the plug in manager. Other vendors plugs are fine, but both VST and VST3 plug are forgotten.

Dave Rock

Time to ditch Steinberg, they don't even support VSTi sidechaining with their super VST standard..

Cubase 5 is the first and also the last Steinberg product for me, it isn't really all that great in my experience..

Knurpel

Hi, thanks,

has anyone else experienced this problem?

Dave Rock

I just select them all in the plug in manager to make them work. I only want VST 3 versions though

Dave Rock

Hi Dave,

We use Cubase 6.5 and 7 all the time here and I've never experienced this problem. What OS brand and version are you using?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Sorry, yes I use Mac 10.8.2.

I dont get why it wont let me just select the vst3 version of plugs.

Dave Rock

You can just remove all FabFilter plug-ins from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST to remove our VST 2 plugins. If the Library folder is hidden in the Finder, open Terminal and type:

chflags nohidden /Library

to make it visible again.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks, yes that is what I did. Just wanted to use the plug in manager really, but it doesnt work too good :-(

Dave Rock

Have you tried clicking Update in the plugin information window, then closing Cubase and restarting?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi there,
I also have this problem where I can select the plugins to be included in the insert list from 'Plug-in information' on an empty project but if there are any instances of the plugin, I can't select the tick box.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Joe

In these cases I would uninstall all FabFilter plugins, then run Cubase so it resets its internal plugin cache. Next, re-download and re-install the FabFilter plugins and then run Cubase again so it can rescan them.

On Windows, be sure to download the correct "bitness" (32/64-bit) to match the version of Cubase that you're using (Cubase displays 32-bit or 64-bit in its startup splash screen).

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

I did that and it's still happening. Any more suggestions please? Really screws with my work flow.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe,

Are you on Windows or OS X? 64-bit or 32-bit? Which version of Cubase are you using?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: