FabFilter User Forum

All plug-ins updated with graphics acceleration and more!

Hi all,

We have just updated all FabFilter plug-ins with the latest features and fixes, most importantly adding GPU-powered graphics acceleration to all plug-ins. In addition, FabFilter Twin 2, Timeless 2 and Volcano 2 now feature the neatly collapsible modulation section that was first introduced in FabFilter Saturn.

Of course, the updates are free for existing FabFilter customers, and are available now for all platforms and plug-in formats.

You can read more about this update on www.fabfilter.com/news/1354255200/all-plug-ins-updated-with-graphics-acceleration.

Cheers,

Floris (FabFIlter)

Many thanks!

Especially the fixed text entry in the Cubase info bar makes things much easyer for me!

As fot the rest of the update goodies, thanks alot!

Tip-top jongens, waardeer het zeer zoals gewoonlijk!

Jovas

Many thanks!

Can't try now but i hope you include the new sidechain frequency bar introduced in the pro-DS.

By the way, Fabfilter, the best plugins, the best support ever!

(i'm waiting for a multiband comp so much!)

Gilles

Hey Floris,

I was kinda excited about the update, though it looks like most of the text on the plugins is broken now for me. It's blurred and therefor hard to read.
Please check the following pics:
docs.google.com/open?id=0B2eimm7LVw6cUEpLUkt0eHlxeXM
docs.google.com/open?id=0B2eimm7LVw6cYndMeXBjdVVqNWc

It's quite obvious in the saturn picture with the info text in the right upper corner.
Is there a workaround for this?

Cheers,
Peter

Dr.Gunjah

I'm sorry, the links on google drive don't seem to work.
I uploaded the pics on dropbox instead:
dl.dropbox.com/u/28201711/proq.jpg
dl.dropbox.com/u/28201711/saturn.jpg

Cheers,
Peter

Dr.Gunjah

damn. still no retina support :-( ...

And the black (well, purple, in this case) keys in twin 2 are a little too long...

And still no large output meters on all plug-ins besides the Pro-L and Pro-DS...

But the animations are super smooth, which is very nice :-)

Richard Nash

@Dr. Gunjah: that looks as if there's some interpolation going on. Which host and OS and hardware/graphics card are you using? Retina MacBook Pro perhaps?

@Richard: We're looking into adding Retina support but couldn't find the time to do it right now...

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hey Frederik,

I'm on Win7x64. Graphics card is a nvidia gtx 560 ti (if that matters).
My host is Reaper 4.31 (64 bit)

Cheers,
Peter

Dr.Gunjah

I'm having the blurry text as well on W7 64bit, GTX 670(306.97 WHQL driver), Cubase 5.5.3

Probably something related to Nvidia drivers..?

Doesn't really bother me much, still readable and the sound is what matters..

Jovas

Floris,
new versions with GPU acceleration are working nicely here. I do not see as many 909x DAE errors anymore with sessions that have a few dozen FF plugs loaded.]
AS

azuolas

The blurry text could very well be related to the NVIDIA GTX drivers. Unfortunately we don't have that particular type of graphics card to test with right now. We'll look into the problem though as this is certainly not good.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

It's ok, they do the job fine and still sound excellent :)

Jovas

I just got a new computer together and you released this new version at the same time. What a great coincidence! I am loving the new GPU acceleration, the display looks smooth as butter now. By far my favorite upgrade though is the ability to mousewheel through the filter types. Thank you!

Erkenfresh

Oh and I'm using an NVIDIA GTX 460 SE with no text issues. Looks perfect to me!

Erkenfresh

@Dr. Gunjah and others experiencing the blurry interface issue: can you please send PNG (no JPG) screen shots to us via e-mail (use the Contact link at the bottom of this page)?

Thanks!

Frederik (FabFilter)

Oh man, I've been waiting to see GPU acceleration, and this is awesome! I had an issue with Pro-Q's analyzer where the choppiness made it not so pleasing to use, but now it's working beautifully, even at max spectrum resolution.

If only other companies would use graphics acceleration as well

Adam D

This is the fist time I've ever done a software update and then laughed with glee at the back end. Not only were none of the plugs broken, but performance is SO much better! In sessions where I was maxing out my quad core CPU, now I've got substantial processing headroom. And the metering is gorgeous, like looking at a piece of hardware rather than a plugin. Many many thanks for the update!

Landon Arkens

Good news! We've found the reason for the blurry interface issue on some NVIDIA cards on Windows. See here for more information:

www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/16/why-do-the-plug-in-interfaces-look-blurry-on-my-windows-computer

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

FXAA, inderdaad voor de hand liggend!

Ze klinken weer als ze blinken! ;)

Thanks man!

Jovas

Reply to this topic: