FabFilter User Forum

Twin 2 MIDI source sustain pedal control ?

Hello,

How are you ? Fine I hope ! 8^)

Twin 2 MIDI source sustain pedal control Tip ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 8~|

To let a sustain pedal control the Main EG, use a MIDI source. Set the input to Controller, and the controller number to 64. Now, drag the source drag button for the MIDI source to the hold control point of the Main EG, and set the slot level to maximum. Of course, you can also set up more sophisticated behavior of the sustain pedal, for example by modulation the release setting instead of hold: the possibilities are endless.

While this does work by holding sustain a little while longer, it always cuts off by itself !

Can someone please explain what I could be doing wrong or over looking ?

How does one go about getting a prolonged sustain with the use of a sustain pedal with FabFilter Twin 2 ?

New to FabFilter Twin 2 and enjoying it's sound ! 8^)

Cant't seem to grasp this convoluted performance element with my controller keyboard ! 8^(

Please help me.

Cubase 6, OS X 10.6.8

One Love.

God Bless.

Phillip,
Learning for a lifetime. 8~|

Phillip

Hi Phillip,

The maximum hold time for the EG is 19 seconds, so after that it will drop even if you have the sustain pedal still pressed. You can also modulate the release parameter as well for an additional 23 seconds fade-out... should be plenty I hope! :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hello Frederik,

How are you ? Fine I hope ! 8^)

Aha ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 8~|

I thought I was losing my mind or something ! 8~|

So, I took a little time off exploring FabFilter Twin 2 ! 8~|

I thought I could be doing something wrong or over looking something ! 8~|

After many attempts of loading Clean patch and deleting all modulation sources except Main EG, dragging the source drag button for the MIDI source to the hold control point of the Main EG, and setting the slot level to maximum ! 8~|

Maximum hold time for the EG is 19 seconds, after that it will drop even if you have the sustain pedal still pressed. You can also, modulate the release parameter as well for an additional 23 seconds fade-out ! 8~|

Hmmmmmmm ! 8~|

While this may be OK for programming sequences ( because there are / is work around(s) ) it is definitely not good for intuitive live performance ( or intuitive programming of sequences, for that matter ) ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 8^(

Hopefully, this is something that will be addressed and rectified in an update ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 8~|

Thanks for your informative reply ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 8^)

Time to snatch those holiday candy canes from the mouths of those programmers, pull out the whips and give them all a good flogging every day in the RedHouse till this is rectified with this lovely sounding beast ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 8^)

One Love.

God Bless.

Phillip,
Learning for a lifetime. 8~|

Phillip

Please fix this ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 8~|

Phillip

Will this ever be fixed ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 8~|

Phillip

I don't know if 'fixed' is the right word here.. since it doesn't really seem to be 'broken'

also, your '1' key appears to be stuck.

That's right it's not a bug. In Twin2 this control is not meant for infinite sustain or Hold...Think of a piano Sustain pedal where when depressed with your foot, notes are held or strings are resonating and they fade naturally and slowly unhindered unitl you lift your foot and the pedal is lifted to reapply the felt damper to the strings. Even when the damper is lifted away from the strings after strongly played notes these notes will not resonate forever. Twin2 allows you 19 seconds of Sustain (or piano string vibration) then the note will go into the Release stage of the Envelope

jasonswe

Reply to this topic: