FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q Analyser vs. apEQ

The Pro-Q ist close to perfection ... but there are still two things to improve.

First: A zoom function in the overall display, so that you can see and change specific details in a closer frequency-range. Call it "Finetuning" :-)

Second: The possibility to change the fade-time of the analyser (especially to "no-fade"). This is very useful to see and manipulate short peaks.

Both options are realized in the apEQ and the only useful things that i miss.

Would be nice, if you consider it for an update.

Best regards

Chris L.

Hi Chris,

We'll consider the zoom option, although I think that it could also complicate the interface a bit.

Regarding the fade time, did you discover the new Speed setting in the Analyzer menu?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

With "zoom" i meant the possibility to choose an upper- and lower-limit for the frequency-range. The whole window of the analyser than shows an enlarged representation of the choosen spectrum (6 to 10 khz for example).

For the speed option ... yes, it's a great improvement. But what i am missing is a "no-fade" option. The analyser than shows the "maximum" of the musik played (since it was initialized). Very useful if you search for small peaks ... in combination with the zoom-function you can detect the exact position fast and remove it precise.

One last suggestion. The stepness of your cut-filters has a maximum of 48 db. Is it possible to add a 96 db step? :-)

Apart from this ... great EQ and a real workhorse in every production!

Greetz!

Chris L.

I just want to 'plus one' the spectrum zooming. I use this with the old IXL Analyzer to adjust notches and it is a giant timesaver.

mf

Reply to this topic: