FabFilter User Forum

Holiday Sale for Existing Users

Hi,

I've been waiting for your holiday sale and i'm a little disappointed to be honest.

It would cost me £352 to buy all your products as a new customer in this promo, while it would cost me £340 to buy the additional ones I dont have.

I'm not expecting you to give them away, but there doesnt seem to be any acknowledgement of your existing customers in this promotion...

Matt

+1

Hope they will do something about the personal discount through holiday too.

Andrew

+1

pwal

I agree too. I am disappointed this is just for bundles too. I am still on version 1 with timeless and twin. Would love to upgrade twin but i can only do it if there was a 25% discount on that too. Also I have a fab filter products from nearly every bundle, any bundle offer is pointless to costumers in a similar position.

chris

Hi All,

We try to give our existing customers the best possible deal all year round. That's why you have the Personal Upgrade Offer in your FabFilter user account.

Using that, you have the ability to extend or create your own bundle, and if you already own some FabFilter plugs, the discount is probably better than the current 25% of the sale. And if not, you can still purchase via www.fabfilter.com/shop and get a good deal :-)

By the way, especially when doing version upgrades (like from Timeless 1 and Twin 1 to the new version 2), the offer in your account will be very attractive.

Happy holidays!

Floris (FabFilter)

@ Floris

You're not too wrong with your argumentaion. It has a point or two. ;)

Andrew

Hey Floris,

I have another question about the sale.
Does the 25% holiday discount stack with the 10% for new customers when using the "tell a friend" function?

Cheers,
Doc

Dr.Gunjah

In this case, you get the highest discount: 25%.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederic,

thanks for clarifying this.
Doesn't this mean that during the sale it's quite impossible for an existing customer to benefit from the "tell a friend" procedure?

In my case I own the FX Bundle which I purchased for 302€ incl. VAT during the last sale.
Today the FX Bundle also includes Pro-L (indeed an amazing limiter btw :) ) and ships for 383€ incl. VAT during this sale.
When I want to upgrade my old FX Bundle to the new one I will pay 140€ for Pro-L which leads to a complete price of 442€. That's a 60€ saving for new customers! I guess there are examples for other bundles too. And of course the calculation doesn't consider inflation and such things.
I have a somehwat bad conscience for complaining about this because you were very accommodating at my last purchase but nevertheless it's not really fair to existing customers in my opinion.

Cheers,
Doc

Dr.Gunjah

I don't see how the offer to existing customers can be considered attractive. I have Twin, Volcano and Timeless, all version 1, and I was looking into upgrading them to version 2. This would cost me € 126,42 (ex vat). For new customers, this bundle is € 172,-. This means that as an existing owner of Twin, Volcano and Timeless, upgrading to version 2 of these plugins would (somewhat simplified) save me a whopping € 15,- on each plugin, compared to new customers. It's all relative, but it feels like I'll be paying almost as much as new customers. I can't say I'm feeling tempted.

Rich

This a really common marketing strategy to gain more customers who do not have any discount options like us and lets say it's more like giving them a Christmas gift. Well, they give us the discount gifts any day as Floris has mentioned.

To me they are responsible to us for delivering decent plug-ins and keeping up the good quality as they did with Pro-L. And they interact with you and listen your feature requests.

Omer

In fact there's also a 10% all-year sale for new customers with the tell-a-friend method.
If one is too lazy to spend 5 minutes to ask on kvr(or whatever) to get a discount link I would say it's their own fault ;)
So let's do the math for a non holiday sale situation:
FX Bundle no-sale price - 429€.
Considering the 10% discount mentioned above and VAT we end up with 460€.
When "upgrading" my old FX Bundle to the new one (better said: purchasing Pro-L, since there is no upgrade/crossgrade option) my total price is 442€.
That's a saving of 18€ for me - CRAZY DEAL! :D
I don't know how the account-discounts are calculated exactly but I wouldn't exclude the possibility that 2 or 3 purchases later (considering I probably have to purchase single plugins since you can't buy anything that isn't out yet) I may end up spending more than people who buy the whole bundle even in a non-sale situation... which is not very satisfying.

Cheers,
Doc

Dr.Gunjah

I would say it should be obvious that existing
customers would have their customer discount added
to the holiday discount.
That would be 100 % fair.

G

GeirMB

That would unfortunately help nothing if you already own a bundle or there isn't a valid bundle to complement what you already own.

It's nice there are bundles that save you money and it's even better in this promotion. Though right this is the crux because the combination of the bundle saving and this promotion makes the account-discount look like a consolation prize.

I would highly appreciate an opinion by Fabfilter on this.

Cheers,
Doc

Dr.Gunjah

We'll think about a way to extend any bundle sales to existing customers in the future.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for your reply Frederic.
I hope you'll find a fair solution for everyone.

Cheers,
Doc

Dr.Gunjah

Reply to this topic: