FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q, what I would like to see

2 features I would like to see from Pro-Q that I think will keep it at the top of the plugin EQ ladder:

1) An "Auto Listen" feature. Very helpful for honing in on problem frequencies. Check out DMG EQuality and bx_digital V2, they both have an "Auto Listen" feature.

2) 18dB per octave HP and LP filters. Sometimes 24dB is too steep and 12dB is too gradual.

Franky

Hi Franky,

Thanks for the suggestions! I've noted them and we'll consider them for future updates to Pro-Q.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Cool, thanks. One other feature (although this one might be more difficult) is the ability to select if a band is minimum phase or linear phase.

Franky

autolisten feature is very cool! i always use it in brainworx bx digital 2. must have!

also, it will be good to have SOLO button for MID and SIDE modes. very handy while mastering.

andi vax

I've said this before but if you guys could implement a multichannel view like Vertex DSP's multiinspector and voxengo's gliss eq then I would probably not use any other eq plug-in. The ability to have different saturation effects from the EQ (like a classic mode for example) that emulates curves of classic hardware and introduces some saturation would be amazing as well.

Brian

1. An "band select" listen. - you find this
eg. in MDW, Massenburg EQ.
So you can "find" resonant frequencies faster.

2. a 6dB/Oktave LPF, HPF

3. Please rename "LOW CUT" and "HIGH CUT" TO, to "High Pass" and "Low Pass" or at least make this an option :))
(I´m used to technical jargon)

4. great EQ!

Martin Loecker

> 1. An "band select" listen.

It's on our wish list.

> 2. a 6dB/Oktave LPF, HPF

Already there! :-)

> 3. Please rename "LOW CUT" and "HIGH CUT" TO, to "High Pass" and "Low Pass"

We've made a conscious decision to use Low Cut and High Cut, primarily because they affect the same region as Low Shelf and High Shelf.

> 4. great EQ!

Thanks! :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I have always found the terms low cut and high cut more intuitive. please don't touch them :)

Omer

The biggest thing that would make Pro-Q even better for me 1 would be a match function (like on Voxengo Curve EQ)

Mark

Some great suggestions already.

What I'd like to see is a Wet control. If I could just quickly reduce the plugin amount by 7-15% or so and A/B the results. Because, currently when I select a bunch of bands, and increase/decrease their gain...rather than them moving together...they all jump to equal gains. (overlooked bug?)

Also, having a modifier key (ctrl+Gain knob) could make them move in ratio to each other (all flat-lining at 0dB and then continuing the ratio relationship as I increase/decrease the gain. (so exaggerating the shape at +20/-20dB...flatlining at 0dB)

Keep up the great work guys!

Sam

Just read all of these requests and no thanks, way too gimmicky

Dylan

@Sam: If you have multiple bands selected, and you use e.g. the gain knob, all selected bands will get the same gain. In contrast, if you drag a selected band, all bands will move up and down relative to their current gain, just like you described you wanted. :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

The band listen thing is a winner!

Also a solo for mid/side!

Pro-Q would defo rival the the Brainworx V2 if these were present....

Kev

Oh - and the "Low Cut/High Cut" labels are great thanks!

Kev

An Auto-Listen feature would be very nice.

But a real killer feature would be different filter types for each band like in Volcano2.
The algorithms are probably already almost there(?)
This may also help Pro-Q to get more public approval since many people in the forums out there call it's sound "cold" or "boring" (well, I would just say "precise")

Cheers,
Doc

Dr.Gunjah

Pro-Q is designed to be a precision EQ so it isn't likely to receive the filter types that Volcano 2 has. Also the characteristics of the filters are completely different.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I want eggs!

CJ

Hi all at FabFilter!

Saturn, ProQ, ProC, Timeless, Pro-MB all amaaazingg plugins. Desert island stuff!!

I loved the idea of hearing all mid or Side frequencies alone.

So often I when working on drones or textures ( Psy-head here!)
I press the listen button on different frequencies I've created and record the signal externally into my Metric Halo MIO console. Could you please add a "listen-hold" function So I don't have to keep pressing the button.. There is, of course Zynaptiq peel but I know you guys would go beyond the beyond!

Bourian

Second request. It would be HUGE for me if you could please add eq tuning to Pro-Q.
E.g. I work in a - 441Hz. Or 432.
That would be a massive time saver.
Thanks,
Bourian

Bourian

Reply to this topic: