FabFilter User Forum

Fabfilter Micro

Just saw the new plugin on the site, looks nice, especially the 9 euro FF owner offer.

However, can someone please explain what this plugin has to offer in addition to Simplon or Volcano? It has nice overdrive possibilities and an envelope follower, but Volcano has that too right?

Thanks!

Jovas

Hi Jovas,

Of course, FabFilter Volcano 2 can do everything that Micro and Simplon can do, and 1000 things more!

The main difference between Micro and Simplon, is that Micro has just one LP/HP filter with only our classic filter characteristic, while Simplon has two LP/HP/BP filters, with adjustable slope (12/24/48) and three different filter characteristics, making it suitable for a wider range of applications.

Another difference, is that Micro has one Envelope Follower, which can modulate the filter frequency, allowing some fun effects.

Do check out the PDF manuals on www.fabfilter.com/help and of course, you can try all three of them by downloading and installing the 30-day fully functional demo versions from www.fabfilter.com/download .

Cheers!

Floris (FabFilter)

Yeah I'm going to install it, read the manual and play with it soon!

This is very tempting for only 9 e's! ;)

Thanks, and good luck with your future releases!

Jovas

Interesting, guys. Would you say this is intended to be an alternative to Sonalksis TBK-1? I always thought that was a nice product and pretty useful actually, but brutally expensive.

Larry

I really like this plug in because it alows me to work with one of these superb filters in isolation. I have most of FabFilter's plug ins but tend to rely heavily on tweaking presets as the large number of parameters and modulating options available can make creating one's own patches a daunting process. 'So many choices, so little time!'
Working with a simple rhythm guitar track this morning, I got a real sense, within the limitations imposed by 'Micro', of the character of these filters and the nature of their ability to manipulate and sculpt sound. Sometimes a simple one filter sweep is all you need to find the right overall texture for a track.
Bonus is that it goes a long way in demystifying the use and application of these filters in FabFilter's higher end plug ins. Thanks guys, goodun!

fauxpa

Thanks fauxpa! And @Larry: I'm sure that Micro can be an alternative to TBK-1. I think that Sonalksis also offers 30-day trial versions just like us, so you can try both plug-ins and decide :-)

Floris (FabFilter)

Why no bandpass? Would buy if it did. May still be useful though as i quite often use live's auto filter set to high pass on fabfilter 1 for zippy fills.

chris

@ Chris; you can use it 2 times, one hipass one lowpass to create your own bandpass filter =D

R-win

I have been using Fabfilter Micro for the last 3 years. I have also used Simplon and Volcano. In my view fabfilter is vastly superior to both of them. I think the best way to find out the difference between them is to download and use them. It will help him to get a clear idea about each of them and will surely aid him in making the right choice. I hope that he will be sharing his opinion with us soon. <a href="www.infifthgear.com/">order fulfillment</a>

John

I have been using Fabfilter Micro for the last 3 years. I have also used Simplon and Volcano. In my view fabfilter is vastly superior to both of them. I think the best way to find out the difference between them is to download and use them. It will help him to get a clear idea about each of them and will surely aid him in making the right choice. I hope that he will be sharing his opinion with us soon. [url=www.infifthgear.com/]order fulfillment[/url]

John

Reply to this topic: